Regular attendance is not just a legal requirement, it is vital for students to maximise their learning, and achieve full potential here at Brooklands Farm Primary School. There are a number of important steps that you can take to ensure your son/daughter maintains a high level of attendance:
- Ensure your son/daughter attends every day, on time, equipped and ready to learn. Fen Street School starts at 8.30am and registration closes at 8.40am. Countess Way School starts at 8.20am and registration closes at 8.30am.
- Ensure the school has up to date addresses and telephone numbers. We will contact you by telephone if your son/daughter is absent and you have not contacted the school.
- If your son/daughter is absent, contact the school and provide an explanation for absence. Please make sure you telephone school every day your son/daughter is absent.
- If no contact is received regarding the absence, it is recorded as unauthorised. Ultimately the school is responsible for deciding if the absence is acceptable or not. Only genuine absence will be authorised. You will be asked to provide medical certificates if your son/daughter has a poor attendance record.
- Ensure that medical appointments are made outside of school time when possible.
- In line with current government policy (please see link below) term time holidays cannot be authorised by the school.
- Respond to school letters or telephone calls regarding attendance and punctuality.
- Contact your son/daughter’s teacher if you are experiencing difficulty in getting your son/daughter into school.
- If the attendance does not improve, the Head Teacher will invite the parent to a meeting. The aim of the meeting will be to identify and resolve any difficulties, which are preventing the child from attending school. The parents will be made aware of the legal requirements regarding school attendance.